Monday, July 29, 2013

Legowelt

Dutch electronic producer Legowelt has produced an array of songs & remixes that i've really been feeling recently. I thought i'd share my thoughts on his work and mention a couple of song's that i've been listening to a lot, and why.

After stumbling across his SoundCloud and really liking what I heard, I carried out a bit of research on his past work, and listened to the various mixes he has done on his website. To my knowledge he's been producing for a fair amount of time as Legowelt, as well as under many aliases. I found he's been getting more exposure over here through mentions by UK DJs, as well as showing up for the Boiler Room & mixing for Rinse FM.

One of his stand out piece of work is the Memphis rap tapes series, which is complied from old rap tapes. These along with his futuristic techno house remixes & productions make him one of my favourite producers out there at the moment.

I have added two of my favourite songs from his board collection to this post below, "Azurian Sunset", and the remix of Chrissy Murderbot's "Friendship". Both have the same techno // house vibe, and feature silky and easy listening beats. As well as establishing an intense atmosphere. I for sure, still have a lot of listening to do to understand more about Legowelt, and look forward to doing so.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment